MASTERING WITH OUTBOARD GEAR (2-Days)
This course offers a deep insight into the workflow, advantages and disadvantages of the application of external outboard gear in the context of specific genres.
It is a “must do” for all gearslutz and users who want to get a feel for the proper choice of gear for specific working situations.
We will test and compare outboard gear with internal solutions (plug-ins) on case studies based on existing and student´s source files.
Here is a gear list of the Mastering Academy branch Geneva:
Acoustics: MB Akustik Germany
Furniture: Sterling desk
Speakers: GS3a Gusauzki Swist & KS Digital
Metering: Pinguin PG-AMM
Playback system: Protools HD3 with AVID HD I/O’s
Analog summing Mixer: API the BOX
Mastering system: Sequoia & Wavelab with RME digital AES I/O
AD/DA Converters: Crookwood & antelope Eclipse
clock: antelope isochrone
Masterting console and monitoring: complete crookwood system
– Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
– Pendulum Vacum Tube compressor OCL2
– ANAMOD ATS-1 tape simulator
– TK AUDIO BC2-ME mastering compressor
– MASELEC MLA4 Multi band compressor and expander
– DYNAX 2 compressor and brick wall limiter
– L2 HARDWARE
– TC ELECTRONIC SYSTEM 6000 MKII mastering and reverbs
– MANLEY Massive passive mastering eq
– BUZZ AUDIO REQ 2.2 Mastering eq
– TK LIZER Bax EQ
– KUSH AUDIO CLARIPHONIC
– many more
Further on you will find a wide range of special video online courses on topics around mastering here, such as:
– Mastering for iTunes
– Mastering for Auro 3D-Headphone
– Mastering for Auro 3D (Cinema)
– Advanced M/S Mastering Techniques
– Authoring Multichannel Formats
… and much more…
This courses will come as single seminar and as series if topic requires. They will be „broadcasted“ as internet video cast with a good audio quality. Via chat option you can ask questions and participate in an interactive manner. If you have no time at the date scheduled you have the opportunity to watch a replay.
Detailed information, dates and prices will be published in time here.